(Also, dairy free gluten-free and egg free!)
Makes 1 Cake
Ingredients for Cake
1 package Better Batter chocolate cake mix
2 cups Enjoy for Life chocolate chips
1 ¼ cups hot coffee
¾ cup dairy free vanilla yogurt
¼ cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons peppermint extract
Ingredients for Glaze
3 tablespoons cocoa
2 tablespoons Earth Balance or margarine
1 cup powdered sugar (10x)
2-3 tablespoons hot coffee
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
Top cake with crushed peppermint candies. or candy canes
• Preheat oven to 350°F.
• Grease pan with baking spray and set aside.
• In large mixing bowl, combine cake mix and chocolate chips. In another bowl, combine coffee, yogurt, oil, vanilla and peppermint extract mixing well.
• Add wet mixture to dry mixture and mix with spoon until just blended.
• Pour into prepared pan.
• Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until cake tests done when wooden pick in center comes out clean.
• Cool 15 to 20 minutes before removing cake from pan
• Chocolate Glaze: Combine all ingredients in bowl. Mix with spoon until smooth.
• When completely cool, drizzle cake with Chocolate Glaze.