For the pretzel layer:
- 1 c crushed store-bought, gluten-free pretzels
- 4 Tbl unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 Tbl granulated sugar
For the cream cheese layer:
- 1 (8 oz) package full-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 c Better Batter Corn-Free Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 c caramel ice cream topping
- 3/4 c Tru Whip frozen whipped topping, thawed
For the chocolate pudding layer:
- 1 (3/4 oz) box instant chocolate pudding
- 1 1/3 c milk
- Additional whipped topping and caramel sauce for garnish, optional
Make the pretzel layer. Crush store-bought GF pretzels. Toss with the granulated sugar and melted butter. Divide the pretzel mixture evenly between ramekins or other small serving bowls. Set aside.
Prepare the cream cheese layer. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and powdered sugar using a handheld electric mixer on medium, beating until creamy. Add the caramel topping and blend until incorporated. Finally, fold in the thawed whipped topping. Divide the cream cheese mixture evenly between the serving bowls. Set aside.
Make the pudding. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the pudding mix and milk. Whisk until thick, about 2 minutes. Spoon on top of the cream cheese mixture and spread into an even layer. Refrigerate to firm up the entire dessert, at least an hour.
Garnish and serve. Top with additional thawed whipped topping and a drizzle of caramel sauce (I warmed a few tablespoons in a microwave-safe bowl for about 30 seconds first). Serve. Makes 4+, depending on the size of your serving bowls.
Adapted from Inside Bru Crew Life blog
Pin this recipe for a chance to win free product!