30 Minutes Prep
60 Minutes Cook
Roasted cauliflower with a yummy cheese sauce – we have included variations just in case you are a vegan or dairy free, like me!
- 1 head cauliflower
- 4 tablespoons butter or df margarine
- 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) Better Batter gluten-free flour blend
- 3 cups milk or df alternative (we like So Delicious)
- 8 ounces cheese, shredded or df alternative (We like shredded Daiya or cut up Follow Your Heart brand)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Garlic powder (optional, to taste)
- Onion powder (optional, to taste)
- Clean cauliflower, and chop into 1-2 inch florets.
- Place florets in a buttered baking dish.
- Bake at 400˚ for 30 minutes.
- Melt butter or df margarine in a medium skillet over medium to medium-high heat.
- Add flour to the pan and whisk well,
- Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder to taste while the flour-butter mixture cooks for about 2 minutes.
- Add milk or df sub, while whisking. Allow sauce to cook and thicken to gravy-like consistency.
- Add shredded cheese or df sub, saving about ½ cup aside to sprinkle on top.
- After cauliflower has roasted for 30 minutes, pour cheese sauce over cauliflower. Stir well to coat.
- Sprinkle reserved cheese over top of cauliflower.
- Bake for an additional 15-20 minutes or until cauliflower has reached desired done-ness and cheese starts to brown. Serve immediately.