This recipe was converted from:
Makes about 12 dinner rolls
2 ¾ cups or (14 ounce ) Better better gluten-free flour
¼ cup instant mashed potatoes or dairy free rice milk powder
2 packages SAF instant yeast
¼ cup sugar
3 teaspoons . baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 3/4 cup club soda
2 Tbsp. butter, dairy-free margarine, melted
1 egg (preferably room temp) or 1/4 cup Naomi famous egg substitute
1 tsp. cider vinegar
1/2 cup melted dairy butter substitute or real butter to bushing on top of rolls
1. In the mixing bowl of your electric mixer, mix together flour, instant mashed potatoes, instant yeast, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
2. With mixer running on low speed, add in the club soda, melted butter (or substitute), egg, and cider vinegar.
3. Mix on medium speed 3 minutes.
4. Spray 8″ or 9″ round cake pan or pie plate with cooking spray.
5. Using a 2″ scoop, place dough into 12 mounds onto the pan. I placed one mound in middle, then scooped 12 mounds of dough side by side all the way around the pan.
6. Dip your fingertips into warm water and use them to smooth out the tops of the rolls, continuing to wet fingers as needed.
7. Cover with parchment paper and let rise in a warm place 25 minutes to 35 mins
8. During the last few minutes that the rolls are rising, preheat oven to 450°F.
9. Ones roll are in the oven reduce the heat to in 325 ° oven for 26-28 minutes. Tops should be golden brown and if you measure temperature of dough, it should measure 200°F. Half way though the baking brush the top of the rolls with the dairy free butter substitute or real butter place back into the oven to bake for the rest of the time. After the rolls come out the oven brush the top of the rolls with the rest of the butter
1o Serve warm!