World’s Easiest Sandwich and Hamburger Buns

(119 votes, average: 3.65 out of 5)
Loading ... Loading ...

Print this recipe

by

Categories: Rolls and Buns

World’s Easiest Sandwich and Hamburger Buns

We’ve received a lot of requests over the last three years for sandwich breads that are yeast free, or quick and easy, or truly light and fluffy. We’re proud to say that this recipe meets all the criteria. You can make the World’s Easiest Sandwich and Hamburger Buns in 35 minutes max, from start to finish. They taste fantastic, and the texture cannot be beat. This has become the daily bread of the Better Batter crew. If you are looking for a flavor that is most similar to store-bought hamburger buns, please use a larger quantity of sugar.

Please note: these buns WILL deflate upon cooling. This is a good thing! We developed this recipe for a specific, fine-grained texture, and these breads are related to popovers – the rising and falling of these little gems is what gives them their soft, moist texture. See recipe below for details

Ingredients
2 cups (8oz or 227g) Better Batter Gluten Free Flour
1 tsp. salt
1/3 cup sugar (sugar may be added to taste)
4 eggs
2/3 – 3/4 cups milk or water

Instructions
It is very important to have a very hot oven for this recipe. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 1 or two cookie sheets or muffin top tins.

In your electric mixer, beat the flour, salt, eggs, sugar, and milk or water on high speed for 7-10 minutes. This should produce a batter with a consistency between soft butter-cream icing and cookie dough.

Working quickly, spoon this mixture by 1/2 cup portions onto prepared cookie sheets or muffin top tins.

It is important to work quickly to smooth and shape the buns from this point and get them into the hot oven, as allowing this batter to sit for more than a minute or two will result in buns that do not puff in the oven!

Wet hands and gently smooth and flatten mounds to a width of 3-4 inches and a depth of 1/4 to 1/2 inch. The smoothing step helps gelatanize the exterior starch and allows the buns to bake to an even, golden finish.

If you desire a soft edge to the bun (as with commercial buns) use a cookie sheet and place mounds so that they touch slightly when flattened. For a crisper crust on all surfaces of the bun, use a muffin top tin or do not allow buns to touch on cookie sheet.

If desired sprinkle with sesame seeds, poppy seeds, or coarse salt.

Place in heated oven and bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and puffed.

Allow to cool completely before slicing. As the buns cool, you will see a slight deflation of the buns – it is not unusual for the buns to deflate by about 1/3. This is okay! The deflation causes the very fine texture you will see, when you cut/split the bun.

If you want to have less deflation, you may use the smaller amount of water – but please note that this will cause a denser bun.

These buns will have a crisp exterior the first day, and will soften considerably, if desired,  after storing (when cool), wrapped, for at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours. Buns may be refreshed by toasting or microwaving for a few seconds if they are more than 24 hours old, or if you have stored them in the freezer.

86 Comments

1. erin pickering 11. May, 2009 at 9:26 am #

Sounds terrific – and easy!
    I’m sold. I need to start making buns now that bbq season is in full swing and we are committed to keeping the kitchen gf.
    thanks.

• naomi 11. May, 2009 at 10:19 am #

Hi, Erin!

These are fantastic with bbq – tell us, what kind of bbq do you do? There are so many regional variations among bbq recipes, and we’re always looking for a winner.

2. Kim Ray 28. Jun, 2009 at 12:46 pm #

I tried this bread for the first time today. Love the taste, love the light texture!! I wish I could figure out my oven though…I had some doughy texture left in the middle. I’m not a fan of thick bread, so this is perfect. Just have to get the timing and temperature down pat for my oven..lol

• rosa menchen 07. Sep, 2010 at 8:39 pm #

In response to the “doughy” buns. I found that my previous electric oven was far more accurate in temp,than my current gas oven. With the gas oven, I had to lower the temp by 50 degrees F. and cook for an extra 5-8 minutes. On the doughy ones, AFTER they were totally cool, and had been in the fridge for a day or two, I took one out, zapped it in the microwave for 1 minute, left it to cool, then sliced and toasted it on the griddle, and no one could tell the difference. Be careful when you “nuke” it though,because micros vary in wattage, and if you “nuke” it too long, it will get very tough.
      Anyway, that is how I rescued my doughy ones.

3. Julie 13. Aug, 2009 at 12:29 pm #

I tried to make these buns two times. Both times they raised in the oven, but as soon as I removed them from the oven they deflated. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated. We love the taste of the buns even though they were wet and flat as pancakes.

• naomi 18. Aug, 2009 at 7:48 pm #

HI, Julie!

There could be a number of issues. Here’s what we suggest:

1) try using a little less water or milk. It could be that your method of measuring is slightly different from ours and that you need slightly less water.

2) Try using a smaller size egg – if you are using extra large or jumbo eggs, this will affect the recipe. We use large eggs.

3) Try reducing your baking temperature and/or baking longer. Often collapsed structure is caused when the oven temperature is hot or uneven. this causes the bread to rise too quickly and the exterior to set before the interior gets a chance to cook. What ends up happening is that the bread is undercooked or undersupported. It’s common for ovens to be off by up to 25%, not insignificant.

Hope this helps!

• Jeannine Taaffe 13. Jul, 2010 at 8:08 pm #

I had the same issue as Julie. I cooked in a convection oven — would that make a difference.

I was so excited as they loked beautiful, but they collapsed and were completely raw/doughy on inside.

• naomi 14. Jul, 2010 at 2:43 pm #

Hrm. Well, we’re going to be looking into this to see why so many people might be having trouble with the recipe. Once we get it sorted out we should either be able to refine the instructions to help people avoid pitfalls or release an improved recipe with less ‘failability’. Thanks for the feedback~!

• rosa menchen 07. Sep, 2010 at 8:54 pm #

Hi, I too have a convection oven, and I had to lower the temp by about 25 degrees F, and cook about 5 minuites longer.
          Also, I scooped and leveled the measuring cup in the flour, and the measurement worked better than spooning in the cup and leveling.

4. Linda 04. Sep, 2009 at 3:44 pm #

I’m trying these for the first time today. I’ve been looking for a “great” bun for sandwiches, burgers and bar-b-q. I am at 7300ft elevation. Do you have any suggestions? Any information will be much appreciated. I have used Better Batter flour for a year now and absolutly love it.

• naomi 06. Sep, 2009 at 10:19 pm #

You’ll want to make the usual adjustments for high altitude: these can include: raising the temperature by 20-25 degrees, and increasing the liquid by 2-3 tbsp. You may also want to decrease the sugar by a tbsp – this should help your bread structure set.

5. Jack Gano 17. Jun, 2010 at 8:09 pm #

I just made these last night and they were so awesome!! First time I have had a hamburger with a bun in 4 years! Thank you for posting this bread recipe made without yeast. It is the best one I have had by far.

• naomi 06. Jul, 2010 at 1:49 pm #

Thanks for the kind words, Jack! Glad we could bring some joy into your life!

6. rosa menchen 14. Aug, 2010 at 5:19 pm #

My son loves corn, and likes his buns made in the muffin top tins. What I do to satisfy his need to taste corn, is spray or grease the pans, then lightly scatter some coarse ground cornmeal on the pans. He is 18 yrs old, but he really enjoys his breads to look like the ones he sees in the store bakeries with the corn meal on the bottoms. The muffin top pans are also good to make the little snack size pizzas in, just be careful not to brown the cheese to much if you plan to freeze some, or the cheese will get too brown if you reheat in the big oven. We have two toaster ovens, one dedicated to GF only. They are relatively inexpensive, so it is not a problem to have two.

7. sandra 15. Sep, 2010 at 1:05 am #

Can this recipe be used in a bread machine?

• naomi 16. Sep, 2010 at 11:33 am #

unfortunately, this would not work well in a bread machine.

8. Amber 17. Sep, 2010 at 6:48 am #

What type of mixer are the directions for? If it is for heavier stand mixer, then how do you adjust for a hand mixer and what attachment should be used? I tried the recipe last night and they looked great but fell flat. I am going to try again today and bake at a lower temp for a few more minutes. Is it also possible by using a hand mixer it reduced the amount of airation needed?

• naomi 27. Sep, 2010 at 12:22 pm #

Use a stand mixer whenever a mixer is specified. For a hand mixer, generally the batters are too thick and will burn up the engine of your mixer, but this mix might make it. If you try, go ahead and beat on a slightly reduced speed. You may find a little extra flour will help stabilize the structure.

9. sallychattin 02. Oct, 2010 at 1:21 am #

Has anyone tried making these without eggs? If not, does anyone have a similar recipe (that actually tastes good and don’t fall apart) that doesn’t use wheat, yeast or eggs?

• naomi 04. Oct, 2010 at 10:55 am #

HI, Sally!

You could try making these with Ener-G egg replacer instead of eggs, but I’m not sure how it would taste or how the texture would be affected. A good ‘bread’ substitute, I’ve found, if worse comes to worst, is to make a flat-bread using flour, salt, sugar, oil and water and a broiler. Iuse approximate amounts for the following and you can adjust as desired:

3 c Better Batter Flour
      1 c oil
      2 tsp salt
      1/3 c sugar
      2 tsp baking powder (optional)

Mix together – this mixture should resemble cornmeal
      Add enough water to make a ‘play dough’ and roll about 1/4 inch thick. Broil about 2-3 inches for about 1 minutes each side.

10. ezgowing 05. Oct, 2010 at 8:50 pm #

I must be stupid or something. I tried these buns 4 different times. Every time the fell after removing from the oven. Yes, they were gooey inside. I tried adjusting the temperature, I tried adding 1/2 the liquid, to no avail. What am I doing wrong ?

• naomi 16. Nov, 2010 at 12:20 pm #

Hi!

We’re not sure what may be going on with your oven – we suspect that your oven may run a little hot and that the buns are not getting a chance to cook fully. Did you adjust temperature up or down?

After quite a few queries, we’ve adjusted the recipe to call for less water and to explain exactly how much deflation is normal – please look at our updated recipe and compare against the old one to see the difference.

We’re not sure what would be causing your particular issue – between the temperature adjustment and liquid reduction, we’d expect a dense hockey puck instead of what you’re experiencing. The only other thing we can possibly think is that you’re allowing the dough to rest too long before baking. Can you let us know what your average rest time is between the time you mix the flour, heat the oven, and bake the rolls?

11. rosa menchen 03. Jan, 2011 at 2:35 pm #

These have even become the favorite bun of our whole family! I usually make regular wheat buns for the rest of the family, but one evening I ran out, so hubby just grabbed one of the gf buns…Miracle! Hubby loved the taste and texture,and he did not even realize that I swapped out most of the sugar with sugar substitute. I sprayed the tops of the buns with olive oil and sprinkled with sesame seeds, and had sprinkled the muffin top pans with coarse corn meal. Hubby said it reminded him of deli rolls, and he loves them! Not to mention my boy who is totally gluten free. I just have to make sure that I make enough for the both of them! Now with the revised recipe, they turn out well ALL the time! Thank you so much!

• naomi 06. Jan, 2011 at 3:04 pm #

YAY! We worked really hard to improve this recipe! Thanks.

12. alia 25. Feb, 2011 at 10:26 pm #

These were absolutely delicious! After having to eat many bun-less, lettuce wrapped burgers, I finally get to have one on a bun. Thanks for the recipe.

13. pyedog 19. Apr, 2011 at 1:31 pm #

I have tried these buns twice without success. I’m really sad about this because I love the taste of the dough, but the recipe just isn’t working for me. The buns rise in the oven, and then fall completely flat.

I’m wondering if I should try adding some baking powder?

• naomi 11. May, 2011 at 2:56 pm #

I don’t think that would help. Try adjusting the amount of liquid down a bit, or cut the mixing time in half.

14. jannyjo 23. Apr, 2011 at 4:25 pm #

Could I make this recipe in my bread machine as a loaf? My newly gf son doesn’t like all the “crust” you find in a bun.

• naomi 11. May, 2011 at 2:55 pm #

unfortunately this wouldn’t work in a bread machine. You CAN make this in a loaf pan or a cake pan, however! I do it for my kids all the time

• jannyjo 19. May, 2011 at 3:38 pm #

Thanks, off to try it in a bit. How long should I bake it as a loaf?

• naomi 19. May, 2011 at 3:42 pm #

I’d probably try to bake it at 425 for 15 minutes, followed by 374 for 40 minutes.

• jannyjo 22. May, 2011 at 11:51 am #

Thanks! I’ll give it a try today and let you know the results.

15. samanthaalison 09. Jun, 2011 at 11:17 am #

About how many does this make? Also, how are they the next day?

• samanthaalison 13. Jun, 2011 at 5:13 pm #

Okay, scooping 1/2 cup portions I got 7, which is not very many (and obviously the last one is kind of useless). Also, I smoothed them out to about 4 inches and they were still pretty thick and the tops cracked a bunch in the oven. I will report back on taste; if I like them I’m going with 1/3 cup buns next time.

• naomi 29. Jun, 2011 at 11:38 am #

this should make between 6 and 8, depending on how big you make them. Some people get even more out of them for thinner buns. They are good the next day but need to be refreshed any time after that.

16. DGG43017 14. Sep, 2011 at 9:26 am #

Is this recipe missing baking powder, baking soda, yeast????
    Looks great in oven and then decompresses to 1/2 of the height it was in the oven…..barely thick enough to slice in 1/2 but tastes great!

• naomi 16. Sep, 2011 at 1:12 pm #

HI! Nope- not missing anything. The decompression is expected and is part of the recipe. You’ll note it in the instructions. to get less deflation, you can beat the batter for less time and also decrease the amount of water in the recipe.

17. Huntress 13. Oct, 2011 at 4:06 pm #

Is there a version of these that have yeast? TIA,

18. Jay 29. Oct, 2011 at 12:50 pm #

This recipe will be hit and miss,[as is obvious from the many dissapointed member posts] until a levening is added to the ingredients needed.
    Having to rely on beating only for a proper rise, and little deflation, is not acceptable when one pays so much more for a gluten free flour mix.

• naomi 30. Oct, 2011 at 1:26 pm #

HI, Jay!

Scientifically, these buns are closer to a souffle or popover than bread.

We do have plenty of recipes for breads that involve yeast and other leaveners, but this recipe was created specifically for those who had requested bread or roll recipes with no leaveners at all and for a specific texture that we found can only be obtained (without tons of fat) using this aeration method.

The deflation in the recipe is actually necessary to obtain the proper texture for he interior of the bun and is part of the recipe. Suggestions for less deflation, you will note, are also included within the recipe itself.

Most of the ‘miss’ comments were posted in 2009 and 2010, before we changed the recipe to indicate that the buns are indeed supposed to deflate. Since we’ve updated the instructions, our email records indicate this has solved any issues caused by people not realizing the bun should deflate during cooling and then feeling like the bread had collapsed.

For a bun that stays firm and does not deflate, but has the same sweet taste, we recommend you try Naomi’s Favorite Potato Rolls, and shape them into Circles or Squares.

• Jay 02. Nov, 2011 at 11:03 am #

Naomi
        If this “bun” is scientifically closer to a souffle or popover, that information should be front and foremost in the recipe. As written, your “bun” recipe has no mention that it will be similar to a souffle or popover, not a true hamburger bun.

The photograph of the “bun” depicts a crusty bun with a decent rise much like kaiser buns found in any bakery. That picture alone is deceiving as your bun recipe neither looks like a crusty bun when baked, nor does it have the same texture as a crusty bun.

The recipe itself is as you say, a basic recipe for popovers or individual yorkshire puddings, albeit using your GF flour mix, and the addition of far too much sugar.

Why BB would encourage readers who must eat GF or are new to eating GF, to use even more sugar than stated in the recipe, if they desire the flavor of a store bought bun, is quite disturbing. Buns & breads, wheat or GF do not need an excessive amount of sugar to taste good.

When a recipe needs constant revamping yet still does not work as stated for many, it’s time to scrap the recipe and create a different recipe entirely.

GF products are pricey with some being rediculously overpriced. I and I’m assuming many others who have been advised they must eat GF, cannot afford to waste those products on inconsistant, oftentimes tasteless, and unreliable, GF recipes.

• naomi 02. Nov, 2011 at 12:10 pm #

HI, Jay!

I’m sorry this recipe has upset you.

The buns in the picture do, indeed, look the way the buns look when baked using this recipe – I make them personally on a regular basis, and they’ve got a nice, golden brown, crusty exterior and soft moist bready interior when fresh and a soft, “commercial hamburger bun” texture (soft crust, soft interior) the next day.

Gluten Free people have a wide range of heath and dietary concerns about sugars, other allergens, and many of our customers love this recipe.

Our products are excellent and can be used in regular (non gf) recipes, as well as our online recipes. With well over 3000 individuals throughout the United States using our product repeatedly, I can say with confidence that Better Batter products are affordable and wonderful additions to the gf pantry.

• Jay 06. Nov, 2011 at 3:17 am #

Naomi

Being in the retail food business for a good 30 yrs, I’d be very hesitant to say one of my products, including GF, is being used by a mere 3000 individuals.

19. klaw 01. Apr, 2012 at 8:30 pm #

made these tonight and everyone loved them. We are very new to gluten free and we just really missed a plain old PB&J tonight. These buns fit the bill. How should I store them to use this week in lunch boxes. Freezer or fridge? Can I make sandwiches on them straight from the freezer, or do i need to do something else to them before?? Thank you for a great product and recipe!!

• naomi 02. Apr, 2012 at 1:18 pm #

I store these on the counter. if you freeze them, make sure to nuke or toast for a few seconds to soften. :-) thanks for the kind words – it really does mean a lot to me. The busier we get the more I like to stay connected.

20. kamane18 02. Jul, 2012 at 8:41 am #

I am going to make these today and am excited. But does it make much difference if water or milk is used? We are dairy free so if we used milk it would have to be unsweetened almond milk or the like…

• Naomi 02. Jul, 2012 at 9:23 am #

If you’d like to use a milk alternative, you certainly may!

• kamane18 02. Jul, 2012 at 12:19 pm #

I ended up using water as I only had vanilla flavor almond milk and didn’t think that would taste so good. The buns taste nice but despite following all instructions (I think) they came out too flat to slice so I’m going to use them more as a sandwich flat/thin (open faced). Does it matter that I was using a hand mixer? Would they come out less thin/flat with a stand mixer and/or using a dairy alternative instead of water?

• Naomi 02. Jul, 2012 at 1:35 pm #

A hand mixer may have affected it, but shouldn’t have affected it too much – at least not as you’re describing. I personally have used df milk, water etc with no problems. I would guess one of two things affected it:
          1) oven temperature. If your oven temperature was off it might have made them puff too quickly and collapse too early
          2) Amount of batter used. If you spread these out larger than called for or used less batter in each bun, they’d be thinner

if I know whether they puffed at all or not, I could put my thinking cap on and see what else, if anything may have caused the difference.

• kamane18 02. Jul, 2012 at 2:43 pm #

Hmmm I’m thinking I used too little batter. Cause I got 8 buns out of them (many other reviews said 6-7) and still had a little batter left over. Maybe I’ll try again next time using a bit more batter in each and making the oven temp a bit lower? I do have an electric oven if that makes any difference.

BTW, they puffed a little but really not much at all. But I did enjoy one piled high with veggies for lunch and it was tasty!

• Naomi 02. Jul, 2012 at 4:45 pm #

okay – yes that would lead me to believe that you had too little batter. An electric oven can also make a difference – but my gut says it was just how much you had in the buns :-)

21. sas 04. Jul, 2012 at 10:38 pm #

I just read the entry about how the quantity of dough affected the buns….too little dough=flat buns!
    Is there an adjustment to make these into slider buns? Or do you have another recipe suggestion?? Thanks!

• Naomi 09. Jul, 2012 at 10:49 am #

you could make these into sliders by using a small (cookie) scoop and baking without flattening.

• sas 09. Jul, 2012 at 10:16 pm #

Awesome…will give this a try!

22. foodpusher 06. Jan, 2013 at 5:49 pm #

I’m making these right now, but I wanted to check with you to see how many buns this recipe SHOULD yield. Thanks!

• Naomi 06. Jan, 2013 at 6:26 pm #

well it really depends on how thick you make them. I typically get between 12 and sixteen of them.

• foodpusher 06. Jan, 2013 at 7:47 pm #

These turned out AMAZING! I was not even expecting the texture they turned out to have. It’s like “real” bread! My son enjoyed the bun as is, and he is excited to try having some Arby’s on these buns tomorrow! :)

• Naomi 14. Jan, 2013 at 10:59 am #

YAY!! so glad to hear – thanks for letting me know!

23. Jennifer S. 06. Mar, 2013 at 12:42 pm #

I just tried these right now. I did not make them big enough, as I got 19 rolls and they delfated a lot after baking them and I think that is why. The good news is that they were baked all the way through and were BEYOND yummy!! :) loved the taste and texture – thank you!

24. ChefMomB 11. Apr, 2013 at 7:09 pm #

Yes, these do deflate. I would call them more of a deli flatbread. BUT they are SO good! You can’t even tell that they’re GF.

I wonder though, with all the trouble with deflating, why does one need to flatten the buns to begin with? They were so nice and airy before baking . . . Perhaps just shaping them and leaving them thicker will do the trick. I will try it next time.

Has anyone ever tried adding baking powder OR cream of tartar + baking soda?

25. ChefMomB 11. Apr, 2013 at 7:21 pm #

Forgot to mention, I reduced the sugar by half.

Also, this recipe, for me, yielded 12 buns.

26. fallenangyl@gmail.com 18. May, 2013 at 8:58 pm #

Easy and very yummy even my husband liked them

27. taniquis 04. Jun, 2013 at 12:03 am #

Has anyone tried this recipe without sugar?

• Naomi 06. Jun, 2013 at 10:13 am #

You could try it with xylitol or another cup-cor-cup sugar substitute, but you do need the ingredient here for the bulking and baking qualities. If you do try it without any substitutes, let us know how it went!

28. takewing.org 10. Jun, 2013 at 3:24 pm #

We are headed camping and i am wondering if I make these ahead and freeze them if they would be ok? We usually make them most mornings for our bread for the day. Love this quick easy recipe. Thanks so much!

• Naomi 12. Jun, 2013 at 3:58 pm #

you could make ahead – I probably wouldn’t freeze them, unless you have a way of toasting them etc to freshen them when you get there. They should keep several days at room temperature :-)

29. taniquis 27. Jun, 2013 at 12:44 am #

I have made these a few times now and I am having a couple f issues. would like to see if you can help.

. my bread is cracking in the top
    . they are deflating so much that I have a hard time slicing the
    thank you in advance for your help.

• Naomi 27. Jun, 2013 at 1:43 pm #

hello!
      it sounds like there may be a few issues going on – but I think we can narrow it down a bit. If I had to guess I’d say you need less liquid or more flour, based on your description. Are you in a high altitude area by any chance?

• taniquis 13. Jul, 2013 at 10:07 pm #

No, I am not in a high altitude area.

• Naomi 15. Jul, 2013 at 4:54 pm #

okay – hrm. Are you using the 2/3 c water or the 3/4c water?

30. dkinney 30. Aug, 2013 at 12:59 pm #

Made a smaller batch and they still came out flat. Next time will try to make it using some baking powder for the leavening. The taste is great but need something with more bun texture.Came out gummy in interior and flat. Everything was followed in recipe but halved recipe. That should not have affected the recipe.

• Naomi 30. Aug, 2013 at 8:45 pm #

hrm that is odd. did you make them thinner than the 1/2 inch thickness? how many did you get out of the batch?

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Adventures of a Cupcake Chick - 30. Aug, 2011

[...] a few hard boiled eggs, mayo, mustard, some dill and sweet pickle relish, we tried the recipe for hamburger buns using our new Better Batter flour) and Fruit   [...]

2. Still Trying to Figure This Out « Thinkactlive's Blog - 15. Nov, 2011

[...] to make bread yesterday, and when I went to the website to read about it and find a recipe, I found one and it said to mix the dough with a mixer for 7-10 minutes. I figured my arm will fall off – [...]

3. What’s Cooking? 3/4/13 | Start Gluten Free - 04. Mar, 2013

[...] -Perfect Black Bean Burgers served on homemade GF buns These burgers are not only gluten free, but tasty and beautiful!  I love the colorful slaw on [...]

4. What’s Cooking? 4/1/13 | Start Gluten Free - 01. Apr, 2013

[...] Batter flour ready for this tasty recipe! Friday- Sweet Potato and Black Bean Burgers served on Gluten Free Buns Keeping with our easy and yummy Friday theme we are going to serve these awesome Sweet Potato and [...]

5. Menu Plan Monday – June 3, 2013 | Start Gluten Free - 03. Jun, 2013

[...]  Chicken Apple Bacon Sliders on Gluten & Dairy Free Hamburger Buns with Broccoli [...]

6. Menu Plan Monday – June 3, 2013 - 03. Jun, 2013

[...] carrots) with Dairy Free Ranch Dip and Strawberries Friday:  Chicken Apple Bacon Sliders on Gluten & Dairy Free Hamburger Buns with Broccoli Salad Need more menu planning inspiration?  Head over  for Menu Plan [...]

7. hot and buggy | the harvester's wife - 13. Jun, 2013

[...] gluten free buns for Bruce. Our gluten free options have been very limited and so after seeing this recipe, I decided to give it a whirl. The night before, I had made homemade buns for us wheat eaters so [...]

8. What’s Cooking? Week of December 9 | Start Gluten Free - 09. Dec, 2013

[…] Thursday-Grilled Pepper Sandwich served on a homemade bun […]

9. What’s Cooking? Week of February 3rd | Start Gluten Free - 03. Feb, 2014

[…] homemade buns Ah, these are so yummy!  I love a great bella burger!  Be sure to whip up some homemade buns using your better batter!  They will make your sandwich even […]

10. McDonald’s Big Mac Clone |  Better Batter Gluten Free Flour - 14. May, 2014

[…] buns (you may use World’s Easiest Hamburger Buns or Super Versatile Bread Dough buns or commercial buns, like Udi’s) 1 pound 80 percent lean […]

11. McDonald’s McRib Sandwich |  Better Batter Gluten Free Flour - 16. May, 2014

[…] buns (you may use our World’s Easiest Hamburger Bun recipe, made into hotdog roll shapes or a commercially available bun, like Udi’s) 1 c original […]

12. Hardee’s Jim Beam Burger Clone |  Better Batter Gluten Free Flour - 20. Jun, 2014

[…] well, and allowed to cool to room temperature salt and pepper to taste 3 hamburger buns (use World’s Easiest Hamburger Buns or your favorite commercial buns) 3 slices pepper jack cheese (for Dairy Free we recommend Daiya […]

13. What’s Cooking? September | Start Gluten Free - 01. Sep, 2014

[…] To kick off the weekend, we are celebrating with a cookout!  We are having pasta salad, roasted corn with herb butter, some veggies burgers on the grill with homemade buns! […]