Everybody deserves cheesecake – this dairy free version utilizes our own cultured macadamia nut cream cheese recipe and tastes remarkably like the real thing! If you have a nut allergy or just want to save time, you can feel free to sub in a commercially available soy cream cheese.
• 1 Recipe Graham Crackers, crushed to crumbs
• 2 tablespoons Earth balance or df margarine, melted
• 32 oz Macadamia Nut Cream Cheese or other commercial df version (4c) (recipe link follows)
• 1 1/2 cups white sugar
• 3/4 cup df milk substitute
• 1/2 c (20 or 56.7g) Better Batter Gluten Free Flour
• 1 1/2 cup Macadamia Nut Sour cream or commercial df version
• 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 inch springform pan.
2. In a medium bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs with melted df margarine or Earth Balance. Press onto bottom of springform pan.
3. In a large bowl, mix Macadamia Nut cream cheese or other commercial version with sugar until smooth. Blend in df milk substitute, mixing just enough to incorporate. Mix in sour cream, vanilla and flour until smooth. Mixture will be thick. Pour filling into prepared crust.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Turn the oven off, and let cake cool in oven with the door closed for 5 to 6 hours; this prevents cracking. Chill in refrigerator until serving.