- 1 box Yes You Can! Vanilla Bean Cake Mix (reserve the powdered sugar and sprinkles packets for another recipe)
- 2/3 c unsweetened applesauce
- 3 egg whites (or chia gel prepared with white chia seed)
- 3 Tbl water
- 1 c light coconut milk
- 2 containers (5.3 oz each) light Greek yogurt (plain or vanilla), or equivalent amount So Delicious dairy free coconut yogurt
- 1 (8 oz) container TruWhip whipped topping, thawed or Rich Whip dairy free whipped topping, prepared
- 2 c assorted fresh fruit, chopped (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, kiwi)
- Cooking spray
Preheat and prepare. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
Make the cake batter. In a large mixing bowl, using a handheld electric mixer, beat together the cake mix and applesauce until combined. Add in the egg whites and water and beat until incorporated. Pour into the prepared pan.
Bake. Bake for 22-27 minutes until just lightly browned on the sides. Tent with foil halfway through the baking process if browning too quickly. Remove from the oven when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool 15 minutes.
Poke and spread. Poke holes across the entire cake every 1 inch or so using a drinking straw or the handle of a butter knife. Pour the coconut milk evenly over the top of the cake and spread with a butter knife or offset spatula to it fills the holes. Spread both containers of yogurt over the top of the cake. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
Serve. Just before serving, top with whipped topping and garnish with fruit. Makes 12+ servings. Refrigerate leftovers.
Adapted from Tablespoon.
Pin this recipe for a chance to win free product!