butter flavored cooking spray
1 12 ounce jar fig preserves
1 1/2 Cups Better Batter all purpose flour mix
1 1/3 Cups whole oats
1 Cup dark brown sugar
2 pinches salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 pinches each cloves, nutmeg, cardamon
1 1/2 sticks cold butter, diced
2 Tablespoons Better Batter corn free powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 and spray a 9X13 inch cake pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, salt, and spices.
3. Dice the butter into small cubes. and add to the dry ingredients. Using a pastry blender, cut butter into the flour mixture until it forms pea-sized lumps.
4. Press half the mixture into the pan.
5. Spoon the preserves into the pan. Gently spread the preserves to cover the entire surface of the flour mixture. Spread in one direction to avoid dragging the flour mixture with the preserves.
6. Add the other half of the flour mixture to the pan, and press it down to form the top crust.
7. Bake for 35 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven, let cool for 20 minutes. Cut into squares and top with some powdered sugar before serving.