- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 Tbl Better Batter All-Purpose Flour
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 sweet bell peppers, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 c low sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbl sweet paprika
- 2 Tbl tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp caraway seeds, crushed
- 1/4+ c sour cream, to taste
- 2-3 Tbl freshly minced parsley or dill
- Hot rice, gluten-free pasta, or mashed potatoes for serving
Prep the chicken. In a medium bowl combine the chicken, flour, salt, pepper, and caraway seeds. Gently toss to coat.
Load the slow cooker. Add the seasoned chicken to the bottom of the slow cooker bowl. Top with the chopped bell peppers, garlic, chicken broth, and tomato paste. Stir gently to mix. Cover and cook on the low setting 6-7 hours or on high 3-4 hours. After the minimum time has passed, check chicken to make sure it is cooked through completely – no pink remaining. Stir in 1/4 c or more sour cream and serve over rice, pasta, or mashed potatoes. Garnish with minced parsley. Serves 4.
Idea! Double this recipe and freeze part for another mean. Double duty dinners make busy nights oh so much easier. Either cook the entire doubled recipe then freeze or portion everything into a gallon size freezer bag, freezing flat. Then thaw in the refrigerator the night before you want to cook. Add the sour cream only to the portion you will serve and eat since it generally doesn’t freeze well.
Adapted from Food Network UK
Pin this recipe for a chance to win free product!