everyone loves a great fried chicken now that you can have a good and free also dairy free I start cooking southern fried chicken tonight
2 packages (about 3 pounds) of fresh chicken tenders
1 quart plus ½ cup buttermilk, divided (for dairy free use rice milk and 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar)
5 cups Better Batter Gluten Free Flour Seasoned Flour
2 teaspoons hot sauce
4 teaspoons black pepper
4 teaspoons salt
½ gallon vegetable oil for frying
• In a large bowl (or 2 freezer bags) add the chicken with only 1 quart of the buttermilk and hot sauce. Refrigerate overnight. When ready to fry, remove chicken from bowl (or bags) and let sit on top of wax paper or plastic wrap on top of counter for 30 minutes to take chill off.
• Preheat oven to 350° F. Stir together the Better Batter Gluten Free Seasoned Flour, in a very large bowl. In a small bowl combine the remaining 1/2 cup buttermilk and the milk. Pour the milk mixture into the flour and use a fork to mix until little lumps throughout. I like to coat them 2 times.
• Heat 1 ½ inches of oil in a deep skillet or Dutch oven over medium high heat to 375° F. Take chicken tenders out of butter milk bath and working in batches, coat each chicken piece with the breading, pressing to adhere the breading.
• Add the chicken to the oil 3-4 pieces at a time. Cover pan and fry 5-7 minutes, checking to make sure chicken isn’t getting too brown.
• Turn, cover and cook an additional 3-5 minutes more. Monitor temperature of oil to make sure chicken doesn’t burn. Keep in mind chicken will not finish cooking in fryer, it will finish cooking in oven.
• Place fried chicken on baking sheet and continue frying rest of chicken. When done, bake the chicken for 10 minutes, until chicken cooked through.