Makes 1 8”x4” loaf
Gluten free, yeast free, dairy free, soy free, and nut free
1 cup certified gluten-free oatmeal flour
2 teaspoon husk powder down at the local health food store Or Walmart
2 1/3 cups Better Batter gluten-free flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
1¼ teaspoons salt
2 cup Club soda or seltzer water
¼ cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
¼ cup clover honey, or I like to use local honey
Certified gluten-free rolled oats for preparing pan and topping off
• Position rack in middle of oven and preheat to 375°F.
• Generously coat an 8-by-4-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle the pan with oats Tip the pan back and forth to coat the sides and bottom with oats.
• In a bowl of a KitchenAid mixer please husk powder, Better Batter all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda oat flour and Salt whisk together thoroughly with a fork
• Using a whisk, beat the Club soda and apple cider vinegar, maple syrup and honey in a medium bowl until well blended.
• add all the wet mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients please the paddle attachment onto the KitchenAid mixer and beat for about three minutes .
• once the batter is all mixed place into a prepared pan .. Take wet hands and make debit around the loaf pan this will help the bread rise when baking Shape bread into loaf in the bread pan by making a dome shape .. with wet hands wet the top of the loaf and top the loaf with with the gluten-free oats
• Bake the loaf until well browned on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes. (It’s normal for the top to crack.)
• Let stand in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
• Run a table knife around and under the loaf pan and place on a cooling rack and cool for about 3 to 4 hours before slicing