MAGIC GLUTEN-FREE-WHITE BREAD
Makes (2) 8”x4” loaf pans
Prep time 20 minutes – Cook time 30 minutes – Ready in 2 hours 30 minutes
This recipe was converted from an Allergy recipe site. I converted the recipe to gluten free. Everyone needs a great white bread recipe they can make for their family!
4 3/4 cups club soda or GF beer
1 TB husk powder
¼ cup white sugar
1 cup Arrowroot starch
3 packages active dry yeast
1 TB apple cider vinegar
3 TB oil
6 ½ cups (26 ounces) Better Batter GF flour
1 TB baking powder
1 TB salt
1. In bowl of KitchenAid mixer put club soda, husk powder, sugar, yeast, apple cider vinegar & oil; whisk let stand about 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile while yeast mixture is blooming gather dry ingredients together in a separate bowl place flour, Baking powder salt whisk together
3. Once yeast mixture is ready, add in flour mixture to yeast mixture. With paddle attachment start mixer on low speed about 1 minute. Once mixture is combined, increase to high-speed for about 5 minutes.
4. While bread is mixing, prepare loaf pans with cooking spray or shortening.
5. Once batter is mixed, divide mixture evenly w/rubber spatula. Have a large bowl of warm water to use for shaping loaves w/wet hands. Make channels around loaves (you want to form a dome; using wet hands. Once loaves are ready to be proofed you want to make slashers on top of the each loaf.
6. Proof bread about 45-70 minutes. Preheat oven to 425 oven. Have a large cup of ice cubes. Place the 2 loaves of bread in the middle of oven & throw ice cubes onto oven & shut oven door immediately. Bake bread about 45-60 minutes
7. Check breads after 1 hour. Bread is done when temp reads about 210. When breads are out of oven, take them out of pans & cool them on their side about 1 hour. Then cool on their other side about 4 hours.