MAGIC GLUTEN-FREE-WHITE BREAD
Makes (2) 8”x4” loaf pans
Prep time 20 minutes – Cook time 30 minutes – Ready in 2 hours 30 minutes
This recipe was converted from an Allergy recipe site. I converted the recipe to gluten free. Everyone needs a great white bread recipe they can make for their family!
4 3/4 cups club soda or GF beer
¼ cup white sugar
3 packages active dry yeast
1 TB apple cider vinegar
3 TB oil
6 ½ cups (26 ounces) Better Batter GF flour PLUS 1 cup Arrowroot starch, mixed together
1 TB baking powder
1 TB salt
1. In bowl of KitchenAid mixer put club soda, , sugar, yeast, apple cider vinegar & oil; whisk let stand about 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile while yeast mixture is blooming, gather dry ingredients together into a separate bowl and whisk together
3. Once yeast mixture is ready, add flour mixture to yeast mixture. With paddle attachment start mixer on low speed about 1 minute. Once mixture is combined, increase to high-speed for about 5 minutes.
4. While bread is mixing, prepare loaf pans with cooking spray or shortening.
5. Once batter is mixed, divide mixture evenly w/rubber spatula. Have a large bowl of warm water to use for shaping loaves w/wet hands. Make channels around loaves (you want to form a dome; using wet hands. Once loaves are ready to be proofed you want to make slashers on top of the each loaf.
6. Proof bread about 45-70 minutes. Preheat oven to 425 oven. Have a large cup of ice cubes. Place the 2 loaves of bread in the middle of oven & throw ice cubes onto oven & shut oven door immediately. Bake bread about 45-60 minutes
7. Check breads after 1 hour. Bread is done when temp reads about 210. When breads are out of oven, take them out of pans & cool them on their side about 1 hour. Then cool on their other side about 4 hours.