Cheesy Potato and Bean Soup is a vegetarian play off of the classic cheeseburger soup. Full of hearty ingredients that will fill your belly.
This Cheesy Potato Bean Soup recipe was original published on partner blogger VegetarianMamma’s website.
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- ¾ cup chopped carrots
- ¾ cup diced celery
- 3 cups Veggie broth
- 4 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 2 cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup Better Batter all-purpose gluten free flour
- 2 cups of shredded cheese
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- Salt and Pepper to season
In a large stock pot heat 1 T of oil to saute onion, carrots and celery until soft.
Add broth, beans and potatoes, boil for 12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Whisk together milk and flour, slowly stir into soup mixture.
Next add cheese. Stir until melted and heated.
Season with salt and pepper.