This week’s Pinspiration, blueberry cobbler, is a wonderful summer dessert that is perfect to serve at a barbecue or pot-luck dinner. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, and it’s even better! The cobbler is quick and easy to make but does need to bake for almost an hour to get the crispy top and hot, bubbly, juicy fruit. It is totally worth the wait! The original Pin can be found here, and the original recipe can be found here.
For the blueberry filling:
- 5 cups blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Better Batter gluten free flour
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
For the crust/topping:
- 1 cup Better Batter gluten free flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Butter a 9 inch x 13 inch baking dish.
- Mix blueberries with flour, sugar, and lemon juice.
- Spread blueberry mixture evenly in the baking dish.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon, if desired.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
- Add the egg.
- Using a fork, mix the egg into the dry ingredients until the mixture is dry and crumbly, and the blueberry filling is hot and bubbly.
- Spread the mixture over the top of the blueberries.
- Pour the melted butter evenly over the top of the dry mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
Pin this image for a chance to win a free product!